
Deseret News Archive
I AM SO SO SO SAD that I am sooooooo far behind on this blog. I was reading posts the other day, and just started crying because of the moments I had written down, and the moments I have missed because I just haven't blogged. Little Cooper is almost 5, and I have very little of the silly things he says on a daily basis. SOOOOO IT IS MY GOAL, to start blogging again. I just need to. The good, the bad, the sad, the exciting, the everyday, and EVERYTHING in between!!! I will be back dating everything so they are still in order. Here is to a new goal.
President Spencer W. Kimball
"Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. There may be a flash of illumination here and a story of faithfulness there. … Your story should be written now while it is fresh and while the true details are available. … What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved? Some of what you write may be humdrum dates and
places, but there will also be rich passages that will be quoted by your posterity. … Get a notebook, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your going and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events. ... This is what the Lord has commanded and those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance their daily lives." (New Era, Oct. 1975)
1 comment:
Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.
Thanks!
Hailey
Post a Comment